[Librem-5-dev] Power management issues

Benjamin Berg benjamin at sipsolutions.net
Thu Oct 25 06:39:47 PDT 2018

Hi,

On Thu, 2018-10-25 at 07:23 -0600, Angus Ainslie wrote:
> The kernel will have control of the same switches that the HW kill
> switches have control over so we can use rfkill to activate them.
>
> We can't read the state of the HW kill switches so they can override
> what state rfkill thnks the HW is in.

OK, to rephrase, that means we have two switches ("hard" and "soft") to
power down the hardware (both need to be unblocked for usage).

In theory, that is exactly what the soft/hard block state of rfkill are
for in the kernel. But for that to work properly, you will need to be
able to sense the hardware switch state independently.

Benjamin