[Pureos-project] [Pureos-changes] Accepted gimp 2.8.22-1pureos1 (source all amd64) into landing

Chris Lamb chris.lamb at puri.sm
Tue Apr 10 06:37:33 PDT 2018

Hi Jonas et al.,

> Source: gimp
> Version: 2.8.22-1pureos1
[…]
> Changes:
>  gimp (2.8.22-1pureos1) green; urgency=medium
>  .
>    [ Chris Lamb ]
>    * Set the default UI layout to be "single window", disable the
>      creation of a floating toolbox, and create a dockable toolbox on
>      the left-hand side. Closes: PureOS:T266.

I don't quite understand this part of the changelog entry. Surely
the "single window mode" change was already in PureOS as part of
my 2.8.20-1-pureos1 upload?

(As an aside, a big part of *transparency* for PureOS outside world
is not doing things that much differently to Debian, even if we can
find some technical reasons for doing it. This has other advantages
too, including reduceing any cognitive overhead when switching from
work in Debian and/ or PureOS, as well as decreasing the bus factor
& onboarding time of any new member of the team...)

Best wishes,

--
Chris Lamb
https://puri.sm