[PureOS] policy for level of stability of PureOS stable

Guido Günther guido.gunther at puri.sm
Fri Dec 20 00:50:00 PST 2019

Hi,
On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 08:11:15PM +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> How stable is PureOS stable a.k.a. amber?
>
> Which criteria for permitting new packages to get included?
>
> Which criteria for permitting existing packages to get updated?
>
> Do I just use my gut feeling?
>
> Concretely, David Seaward wants ldh-gui-suite added, but makes sense to
> me to address this generally, eary on.

The policy i've followed so far (which is more of a lower bound is):

- packages uploaded to amber-updates must not be a dependency of
  anything already in amber proper (e.g.phosh, phoc, libhandy) depend on
  stuff in amber but nothing in amber depends on it)

- packages in amber-updates may depend on other packages in
  amber-updates

- packages uploaded to amber-updates must not (knowingly) change
  behaviour of anything in amber

Cheers,
 -- Guido