[PureOS] Clarification of PureOS browser and browser policy

Jonas Smedegaard jonas.smedegaard at puri.sm
Fri Feb 15 13:36:08 PST 2019

Hi Jeremiah,

Quoting Jeremiah C. Foster (2019-02-15 18:23:16)

Seems you talk about https://tracker.pureos.net/T519 - and that you
today filed a duplicate of https://tracker.pureos.net/T273

> Having a policy for an issue like this would allow someone to quickly
> go to our policy, quote it in the issue tracker and/or demonstrate
> that in fact we do have httpseverywhere installed, and then close the
> bug which I feel is a positive outcome. As it stands now, we have a
> lot of issues that seem to attract a lot of commentary but little
> change is effecutated.

I am not convinced that a policy helps triage issues, but perhaps I am
simply not imaginative enough and it could help if you elaborate on what
you think such policy might contain?

> For me the point of an issue tracker is to track the progress of the
> issue to the point where it is no longer an issue and it is closed. Is
> this a shared view from folks on this list?

As pointed out above I don't share your view for the whole paragraph -
but if you refer only to the previous sentence then I agree (and wonder
which other views are reasonable).

Thanks for initiating this discussion,

 - Jonas