[PureOS] Mirrors for PureOS? (was: "Re: I CAN HAZ MIRROR?")

Chris Lamb chris.lamb at puri.sm
Thu Feb 21 06:15:06 PST 2019

Hi Jeremiah,

Thanks for your reply. :)  I don't disagree with anything specific in
your mail but think we should just briefly pause and zoom out here:

> > > Whilst extremely kind of them, how will this work for our users?
>
> For power users we can simply […]
>
> > Do you mean how do we enable our users to easily take advantage of
> > the mirrors? E.g. not having to edit source.list.d/ by hand?
>
> Ideally the 'Software' tool from GNOME might be a good candidate [..]
>
> > > Ask them to alter their sources.list? Are we going to commit to
> > > providing a CDN of some description?
>
> I intend to speak to […]

So, again, these are all very sensible replies & solutions and
furthermore I'm not at all against the conceptual idea of a mirror,
but I am just wondering whether introducing such infrastructure (with
all the inherent technical and support overheads) should appear to be
so high on our priority list right now? :)

Best wishes,

--
Chris Lamb
https://puri.sm