[PureOS] Fedora removes MongoDB due to Server Side License issues

Jonas Smedegaard jonas.smedegaard at puri.sm
Wed Jan 16 14:06:30 PST 2019

Quoting Jeremiah C. Foster (2019-01-16 21:09:21)

Considered non-free in Debian too: https://bugs.debian.org/916107

> I do think there is another question though; how do we decide what
> stays in and what is kept out of PureOS?
[...]
> The URL Nicole shared seems to be a good example of where PureOS
> policy might differ from our upstream. What is the view of folks here?
> Should we keep on including MongoDB or should we stop?

Yes, we always have the option of doing differently than our upstreams.

Such decision comes with the burden of then _maintaining_ ourselves the
delta we create between us and our upstreams.

So I'd say let's first hire some more folks and establish things like
proper security tracking for the delta what we _do_ carry already,
before considering an even bigger delta!

 - Jonas