[PureOS] pureos/core/systemd.git package history?

Chris Lamb chris.lamb at puri.sm
Tue Jan 22 04:31:57 PST 2019

Hi Matthias (et al.)

I just went to refresh my local copy of pureos/core/systemd.git and
noticed that the Git history had completely diverged from my
238-5pureos1 upload of June 2018.

Indeed, looking at:

  https://source.puri.sm/pureos/core/systemd/activity

.. it looks like the project was deleted and recreated, essentially
scrubbing the history of the aforementioned upload.

I'm not at all a "no history rewriting" snob but I was just
wondering if this was part of some semi-usual process I was unaware
of or a one-off in this particular case and it somehow was not
communicated to the rest of us folks.

Anyway, it would be good to learn if this could happen at the very
least. If this is indeed a possibility, please could you go ahead
and document that on the wiki and post a link back here? :)

Many thanks in advance.

Best wishes,

--
Chris Lamb