[PureOS] Bits from PureOS | Sharks!

Chris Lamb chris.lamb at puri.sm
Tue Jul 30 05:50:47 PDT 2019

Dear all,

Thanks so much again for taking the time to pen this Jeremiah. Yet
again it is extremely and surprisingly useful to get such summary
updates.

> Other security topics perhaps ought to be discussed privately and I
> intend to kick off the topic with stakeholders.

A quick thought: whilst the specific details of this might be more
suitable for some initial discussions to be held «in camera» would it
be appropriate to briefly outline the very approximate areas in a
security or politically sensitive way?

I've often found this helps prevent mishaps (or even wasted effort) in
that someone can throw some potentially salient or relevant factoid in
the right direction, particular regarding upcoming or very-recent
changes elsewhere in the free software world. After all, since the
release of Buster, Debian is very much in a fun state of flux.

> we should make an announcement about [Purebrowser] going forward in
> various places since there is often much discussion on browsers in our
> forums.

Indeed, having any canonical location for this decision (it doesn't
have to be a big "splash" I suppose, just whatever is easiest..) would
certainly help centralise and make that info more discoverable. Being
proactive versus reactive, etc. etc.

> If we had clear instructions on how to build a PureOS image for
> pbuilder that would help me immensely.

Sooo, I have some dirty scripts to make a (sorry!) Docker image of
PureOS for my own use / builds which could be used to kick this off.
I'm not very learned in the subtle and dark arts of pbuilder so that
might be mostly a link/information dump at this time, alas.

Anyway, thanks again for posting this. You find me a bit fatigued from
14/15 days of DebConf so do please excuse me short and snappy
response... but at least this way it will be relatively timely..

Best wishes,

--
Chris Lamb
https://puri.sm