[PureOS] Building my own PureOS ISO image?

Matthias Klumpp matthias.klumpp at puri.sm
Thu Mar 7 13:25:35 PST 2019

Am Do., 7. März 2019 um 22:19 Uhr schrieb Jeremiah C. Foster
<jeremiah.foster at puri.sm>:
> [...]
> $ lb config
> [2019-03-07 15:31:49] lb config
> P: Executing auto/config script.
> Using default flavor: gnome-live
> ERROR: Run this first:
> ln -sf sid /usr/share/live/build/data/debian-cd/green
>
> I created the symlink and config worked. But I imagine the symlink
> needs to be mentioned if I post this on the wiki somewhere?

This is odd - this error and extra step does not happen on the
autobuilders. Are you really running all command in a PureOS chroot?

> [...]
> > These steps can be sped up a lot and be automated by using debspawn,
> > which is used to create the official PureOS images in a controlled
> > environment.
>
> What does 'controlled' environment mean? The use of apt below leads me
> to believe that at least one will have to be on a Debian machine.
>
> I'll test the below method tomorrow.

Debspawn is backed by systemd-nspawn, so it will create a container
instead of just a plain chroot. This provides better isolation from
the host system and some neat methods of controlling resource usage of
the container.
The build environment will also be always up-to-date without any cruft
(as it gets recreated on build invocation), which might make the image
build a bit easier to reproduce.

Cheers,
    Matthias