[PureOS] Building my own PureOS ISO image?

Matthias Klumpp matthias.klumpp at puri.sm
Mon Mar 11 10:10:01 PDT 2019

Am Mo., 11. März 2019 um 15:06 Uhr schrieb Jeremiah C. Foster
<jeremiah.foster at puri.sm>:
> [...]
> Using the above process filled up my disk. For some reason the pagemap
> file grew to 77 Gigs and on that partition it ran out of space.
>
> -r-------- 1 root root  77G Mar  8 16:37 pagemap
>
> I'll try on another (slightly larger) partition. How much disk space
> should one have for this? 77 Gigs seems like an awful lot of space for
> an image. All the source code for a image and yocto tooling in
> comparison comes to about 60 Gigs or so.

That's odd... The whole process defbitely works if you have much less
then 4GB of disk space, and I think our current autobuilder has 30GB.
What data was written to where, can you find that out? And which
filesystem are you using? I assume you are running either PureOS or
Debian Testing on the host system.

You only need ~500MB to store a compressed root filesystem image, then
some space to decompress it and the amount of space to build the image
and space to store the resulting image. That should never fill up 77GB
of space (and I built it with less then 4GB free on my local machine
once).

Cheers,
    Matthias