[PureOS] Let's stablize PureoS Green

Jonas Smedegaard jonas.smedegaard at puri.sm
Thu Mar 21 11:41:27 PDT 2019

Quoting Omar (2019-03-21 18:12:23)

> On 3/21/19 11:01 AM, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> > Conceptually we offer one PureOS, but technically one of more
> > flavors. We promote PureOS as a single thing towards our users, but
> > it is possible for them to know the flavor (needed e.g. for bug
> > tracking).
> >
> > Currently we have 2 flavors, one for laptops and one for phones
> > (ignoring additional draft/development flavors not promoted to
> > users).
>
> Let me throw another wrench into the gears. We have servers on the
> horizon. I would say priority has risen to roll these out in less than
> 6 months but we have something in the works now to sell. How does this
> affect things?

Quite interesting! What more specifically do we have in works now?

Possibly we can simply have servers use same flavor as laptops or phones
- depending on both which hardware and which software needs we are
talking about.

If e.g. we want to offer services with AI logic relying on GPU
processing running on hardware similar to the phones, then it gets
challenging to stabilize.

If we "just" want to offer Librem One services in a box, then it _may_
gets challenging to stabilize, if it includes parts like Riot Web.

Please tell more - I have looked forward to this since I began working
for Purism ~20 moons ago.

 - Jonas