[PureOS] Laniakea Python version is now online!

Chris Lamb chris.lamb at puri.sm
Mon May 20 10:43:36 PDT 2019

Matthias Klumpp wrote:

> > > Since last week, all of PureOS infrastructure is now switched to the
> > > latest, mostly Python-based version of Laniakea[1].
> >
> > This is great news. Congratulations Matthias!

Indeed, congratulations and thank you for posting about it here too.
My apologies for this late reply getting lost between various cracks
in my inbox. :(

> > If so, perhaps we use a separate Laniakea channel for Matrix so as
> > not to flood the PureOS channel.

I completely +1 the idea of a #pureos-changes channel.

I use this pattern in many projects; having that "soft" visibility is
extremely helpful for all sorts of reasons (both technical and non-
technical) in terms of encouraging more of a team feel, avoiding any
feeling of being isolated from others. Indeed, I even wrote the
#debian-devel- changes bot back in 2008 for these very reasons and it
has been remarkably successful in these regards.

Can I thus resubmit my request for this to be re-prioritised? :)

Oh, one adjunct question; how can we contribute/learn more about this
codebase? Whilst justifiable for many reasons, as it is on Github it
definitely feels a little separate from the rest of the PureOS code.
Can we ameliorate this somehow? I don't have any concrete suggestions
at this time, alas.

Best wishes,

--
Chris Lamb