[PureOS] Laniakea Python version is now online!

Chris Lamb chris.lamb at puri.sm
Mon May 20 23:31:07 PDT 2019

Hi Matthias,

> > I completely +1 the idea of a #pureos-changes channel.
[…]
> > Can I thus resubmit my request for this to be re-prioritised? :)
>
> It's definitely a high priority, but giving people access to easy
> information about the archive is even more important I would say.

Perhaps, but I think we might be underestimating the holistic value to
the project here… and it would be a shame if this took another year
since requesting the feature to see it in production.

> > Oh, one adjunct question; how can we contribute/learn more about this
> > codebase? Whilst justifiable for many reasons, as it is on Github it
> > definitely feels a little separate from the rest of the PureOS code.
> > Can we ameliorate this somehow? I don't have any concrete suggestions
> > at this time, alas.
>
> On why it's on a different platform: That is simply because […]

Just for clarity on communications, I tried to signal that I was
aware of these grounds with "whilst justifiable for many reasons" to
save you the explanation. Still, how can we make it at least feel more
of a PureOS thing despite it being on another platform -- it feels
really quite a distinct project right now despite it being highly-
coupled into our infrastructure.

Best wishes,

--
Chris Lamb