[PureOS] PureOS 10 (Byzantium) is open!

Guido Günther guido.gunther at puri.sm
Tue Oct 1 02:29:42 PDT 2019

Hi,
On Mon, Sep 30, 2019 at 07:35:53PM +0200, Matthias Klumpp wrote:
> [ I messed up all version numbers in the previous mail, so here it is
> again, corrected ]
>
> Hi!
> As of now, PureOS 9 (Amber) is frozen, all future uploads to that
> suite will go to the respective "*-updates" pocket.
> This means that PureOS 11 (Byzantium) is now open for business! All
> uploads to "landing" will migrate to that suite, and so do all uploads
> to the "byzantium" suite.
> So, if you want to upload to the next PureOS development release, just
> put "byzantium" as suite name into your changelog file.
> If you want to switch to using byzantium, replace "amber" with
> "byzantium" in your PureOS sources.list.

And byzantium is following Debian bullseye?

We discussed with Jeremiah recently that it would be worthwhile to unify
phone and non phone PureOS for byzantium so we'd start uploading there
directly (intead of any `-phone` suites) if there are no objections.

This only applies to software that doesn't knowingly break / patch out anything
needed on the laptops.

This is just an advanced notice, we're busy getting/keeping amber-phone
into shape atm anyway - i just wanted to bring this up as early as
possible so we can discuss upcoming changes.

Cheers,
 -- Guido