[PureOS] policy for level of stability of PureOS stable

David Seaward david.seaward at puri.sm
Thu Oct 24 12:55:29 PDT 2019

On Thu, 2019-10-24 at 20:11 +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> Concretely, David Seaward wants ldh-gui-suite added, but makes sense
> to me to address this generally, eary on.

To expand on this, I would ideally like to keep releasing the latest
stable versions of all Librem One / Liberty packages (including third-
party packages) to the latest stable version of PureOS. So if we
released 1.0 today, we'd update amber. If we released 2.0 next month,
we'd update amber. If we released 3.0 in two years time, we'd update
byzantium (assuming it was now "stable").

I imagine that this is the same for core phone packages, except that
Librem One packages target both desktop and phone.

Happy with any solution that makes this possible. I don't think Flatpak
will solve this because we need system-level integration (and this
integration requirement will only expand).

Thanks for raising this Jonas!

Regards,
David