[PureOS] PureOS Phone images

Jeremiah C. Foster jeremiah.foster at puri.sm
Wed Sep 2 08:45:59 PDT 2020

On Wed, 2020-09-02 at 14:12 +0200, Guido Günther wrote:
> [...]

For clarity - do you mean a "git tag" or another type of tag? I think
using git tags and signed-off-by lines is standard practice, certainly
in kernel development, and I strongly feel we should adopt that.

Sorry to be pedantic but it helps me to understand. LK will verify the
git tag and the gpg sig? I can see how verification might be done with
the gpg sig, e.g. check the keyring, but the git tag might be harder to
"verify".

So we have an opportunity to define the policy and process before we
put it into code? That sounds like something that is worth discussing
now before there are tons of packages coming into the repo. :-)

> > > That would be cool since i'd like to phase out the route via
> > > arm02 (which allows us to do that for the phone right now) as
> > > soon as possible - that's also one of the reasons we don't want
> > > to allow sloppy builds for byzantium.
> > > Is there a public bug list for PureOS Infra/Laneakia that once
> > > could follow to learn what's planned, has been discussed?

<snip>

> So just to be sure, we *don't* use tracker.pureos.org for that? I was
> under the impression we'll use that from our discusson on Friday.

It's my preferred solution to use tracker.pureos.org to track issues in
Laniakea *and* the various packages that are coming into PureOS. This
way we can separate concerns (software development issues in Gitlab,
maintenance and delivery issues in Tracker.)

If we have consensus I'm strongly in favor of encouraging this as
policy.

Regards,

Jeremiah