[PureOS] Next steps for Laniakea: The archive problem

Guido Günther agx at sigxcpu.org
Tue Mar 2 05:16:01 PST 2021

Hi Matthias,
On Mon, Feb 01, 2021 at 08:47:43PM +0100, Matthias Klumpp wrote:
[..snip..]
> So, what do you think? Am I crazy, or is this a good thing to finally attempt?

Thanks for the explanations, your reasoning makes sense to me. Two
things kept me wondering:

1.) Could that be built so we can share more things with other Debian
    downstreams to put long term maintenance on broader shoulders?

2.) How would that help (or delay) other discussed developments in PureOS like

    - being able to block packages from migration by bug reports (as in
       Debian) (https://tracker.pureos.net/T872)
    - automatic QA via autopkgtests, reproducibility tests (and
      rejection of packages when those fail)
      (https://tracker.pureos.net/T649, https://tracker.pureos.net/T1013)
    - rebuilding packages on import
      (https://tracker.pureos.net/T1016)
    - building modified packages from git tags
      (https://tracker.pureos.net/T1014))
    - automatic forward porting of downstream changes
      (https://tracker.pureos.net/T1015)

    and how would that fit in the overall PureOS roadmap. (i filed
    bugs for each bullet point above if my search didn't bring one up
    already).

As daily PureOS consumer (and user) i'm curious how it will affect these
developments?

Cheers,
 -- Guido