[PureOS] Was --> Updating localechooser in landing/byzantium Is --> git based packaging

Jeremiah C. Foster jeremiah.foster at puri.sm
Wed Oct 6 17:47:57 PDT 2021

On 10/6/21 7:47 PM, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> Quoting Jeremiah C. Foster (2021-10-06 22:22:55)
>> These repo groupings (core and packages) likely no longer serve the
>> same purpose as originally - namely to be "complete and corresponding"
>> source code for all the packages in PureOS. We likely ought to have a
>> plan or create one for how we can have a one-to-one correspondence
>> between source code in a git repo and the binaries in the archives to
>> make support easier.
>>
>> How will such change happen?
I don't know the details. I do know there has been very preliminary
discussion on using git and existing tooling together in an approach
like we do for the Librem 5 development. For work there, we tag
packages, use a gitlab-ci.yml set up, and build on Jenkins. I believe
the plan is to replace Jenkins or perhaps it's more accurate to say
bypass Jenkins and send packages directly to Laniakea. Caveat emptor! I
don't know the details or where we are.
>>   How to know if it won't happen?
Hard to say because it already hasn't happened. :-)

>>   - Jonas

Cheers,

Jeremiah