[PureOS] Lollypop in byzantium has a bug that should be fixed

Guido Günther agx at sigxcpu.org
Thu Sep 23 06:00:39 PDT 2021

Hi Andreas,
On Thu, Sep 23, 2021 at 01:29:25PM +0200, Andreas Ronnquist wrote:

> Bullseye is released, and byzantium seems to get closer and
> closer to being released - congratulations!
>
> In the Lollypop package there's a bug in the package in
> byzantium/bullseye which affects the adaptive mode of the application
> (which is bad for the phone interface of course).
>
> Upstream bug #2778 [1] (fixed in 1.4.19-2 in debian, in upstream in
> 1.4.20, while 1.4.14-1 is in byzantium/bullseye).
>
> It's two commits upstream [2][3] merged to one patch in the debian fix
> [4].
>
> If I can, I would like to fix this in byzantium - what's the preferred
> way to do this?

If the latest version in Debian (1.4.23) is a clean backport, it doesn't
need additional dependencies updated and you didn't spot any regressions
then I'd file a bug at https://tracker.pureos.net/ stating exactly that.
A PureOS developer can then grab the package from Debian and upload it.

If the package would need additional dependencies updated i'd rather go
for a backport of the patch you mentioned to 1.4.19-2 and file that at
https://tracker.pureos.net/ as well preferably attaching a debdiff of
the tested package. A PureOS develoepr can than grab the debdiff and
apply it to the PureOS package.

Does that make sense?
Cheers,
 -- Guido