[PureOS] pureos/core/systemd.git package history?

Chris Lamb chris.lamb at puri.sm
Fri Jan 25 08:45:33 PST 2019

Matthias,

Thank you for your reply.

> > > I just went to refresh my local copy of pureos/core/systemd.git and
> > > noticed that the Git history had completely diverged from my
> > > 238-5pureos1 upload of June 2018.
[…]
> I don't remember changing anything (last commit was by me 5 months
> ago), but the current Git VCS is the exact same systemd uses in
> Debian, which makes merging with the Debian packaging much easier.
> So, this layout is certainly intentional.

Alas, I think you may have misread what I wrote — I had previously
uploaded systemd around June 2018 (based on the very same Debian
packaging you mention), including pushing to our Git repositories
as usual/expected and not doing anything that would prevent merging…
if only to keep the diff minimal and sanity maximal.

However, when I went to do another update in the last few days I
noticed that the history had been entirely scrubbed (see grandfather
mail in this thread.) It is this latter rewriting that made me
curious.

> Didn't you make a systemd upload just recently?

Mm, bhence my "I just went to refresh…" that prompted me to notice
in the first place, the actual upload is not really relevant.

Best wishes,

--
Chris Lamb
https://puri.sm