[PureOS] pureos/core/systemd.git package history?

Matthias Klumpp matthias.klumpp at puri.sm
Mon Jan 28 14:20:09 PST 2019

Am Fr., 25. Jan. 2019 um 17:46 Uhr schrieb Chris Lamb <chris.lamb at puri.sm>:

> Matthias,
>
> Thank you for your reply.

> […]
> > I don't remember changing anything (last commit was by me 5 months
> > ago), but the current Git VCS is the exact same systemd uses in
> > Debian, which makes merging with the Debian packaging much easier.
> > So, this layout is certainly intentional.
>
> Alas, I think you may have misread what I wrote — I had previously
> uploaded systemd around June 2018 (based on the very same Debian
> packaging you mention), including pushing to our Git repositories
> as usual/expected and not doing anything that would prevent merging…
> if only to keep the diff minimal and sanity maximal.
>
> However, when I went to do another update in the last few days I
> noticed that the history had been entirely scrubbed (see grandfather
> mail in this thread.) It is this latter rewriting that made me
> curious.

I was looking through my notes and I think I rebased the packaging on
Debian's upstream packaging to make it easier for me to incorporate
some bigger systemd patches I wrote. No changes that you made should
have been lost though, or were they?
I also wonder whether there might have been two systemd repos, one in
the regular package set and one in core, which might have led to
confusion on which one was current.

In any case, I think this was my fault, although admittedly I don't
know what you would like me to do here.

Cheers,
    Matthias