[PureOS] PureOS | Debian delta

Chris Lamb chris.lamb at puri.sm
Wed Jul 3 07:47:14 PDT 2019

Hi Jeremiah.

> What is the PureOS < > Debian delta? I assume that it is a set of
> patches that we apply to packages, like the work Jonas does on Firefox

These patches should canonically be in the source.puri.sm repositories:

  https://source.puri.sm/pureos/packages

For example, here is a patch of mine to Gimp:

https://source.puri.sm/pureos/packages/gimp/blob/10711bb1ccbf9be950445a6a6ba91c4157d8e7c7/debian/patches/02_set_single_window_mode_as_default.patch

> […] as well as the fact that we do not have a non-free repo.

These parts of "negative space" are less obvious. Whilst you mention
the absense of the non-free repository we also have removed other
specific packages from "main". I am unsure how to canonically generate
such a list from our archive software, but it is likely possible with
some grep-dctrl foo and a quick refresher on set theory.

In addition, there is the delta in unmodified packages that we have
migrated from unstable, which additionally add to the delta from
Debian buster. This could be a refinement othe programming task
outlined in my previous paragraph if one was inclined to locate the
exact answer.

> Knowing the delta would help us to understand how to move the work
> being done on the L5 phone into our CD system for example

Can you elaborate on this, just out of interest? In particular, what
is specific about the CD system that I am perhaps missing?

Best wishes,

--
Chris Lamb
https://puri.sm