[PureOS] Bits frm PureOS | Buster edition

Jonas Smedegaard jonas.smedegaard at puri.sm
Tue Jul 9 04:44:37 PDT 2019

Quoting Matthias Klumpp (2019-07-08 14:04:20)
> [Re-sending, as the mailinglist rejected the previous message for some reason]
>
> Am Mo., 8. Juli 2019 um 16:58 Uhr schrieb Jonas Smedegaard
> <jonas.smedegaard at puri.sm>:
> >
> > Quoting Nicole Faerber (2019-07-08 11:41:13)
> > > [...]
> >
> > I am confused by above posts from folks I thought took lead with regards
> > to PureOS.
> >
> > Is it still an open question _if_ we want PureOS green to track Debian
> > Buster, and that is what we discuss in this email thread?
> >
> > Or is that already decided and instead the topic now is _how_ (leading
> > to _when_ it is adequately done that it can be announced)?
> >
> > Those seems very different email topics to me.
>
> Indeed. As a matter of fact, PureOS green is already tracking bullseye
> at the moment.

Can you then please "hit the breaks" to not contaminate green any further?

It seems to me that only ~8 hours ago (i.e. after your writing above)
did Bullseye receive its first chunk of migrations from unstable - and I
believe we also have some days of buffer from landing to green before
that change affects our users.

Regardless of those details, please stop all migration frmo landing to
green to minimize the mess we need to custom-handle!!!

 - Jonas