[PureOS] Bits frm PureOS | Buster edition

Jeremiah C. Foster jeremiah.foster at puri.sm
Tue Jul 9 08:05:12 PDT 2019

On Tue, 2019-07-09 at 08:44 -0300, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> Quoting Matthias Klumpp (2019-07-08 14:04:20)
> > [Re-sending, as the mailinglist rejected the previous message for
> > some reason]
> >
> > Am Mo., 8. Juli 2019 um 16:58 Uhr schrieb Jonas Smedegaard
> > <jonas.smedegaard at puri.sm>:
> > > Quoting Nicole Faerber (2019-07-08 11:41:13)
> > >

> > Indeed. As a matter of fact, PureOS green is already tracking
> > bullseye
> > at the moment.
>
> Can you then please "hit the breaks" to not contaminate green any
> further?

I believe this has been done, please see:
https://lists.puri.sm/pipermail/pureos-project/2019-July/000157.html

Here's a quote from that email (at the bottom); "P.S: I made a "stale"
suite fork of the "green" PureOS suite, so we have a stable-ish point
of reference to use, in case we go with having a suite that tracks
stable (as green is accumulating packages from Debian testing
already)."

> It seems to me that only ~8 hours ago (i.e. after your writing
> above)
> did Bullseye receive its first chunk of migrations from unstable -
> and I
> believe we also have some days of buffer from landing to green
> before
> that change affects our users.

Yes, I think you're right. I haven't seen any new packages come in yet
when I do apt update.

> Regardless of those details, please stop all migration frmo landing
> green to minimize the mess we need to custom-handle!!!

I think a single exclamation point is sufficient. :-)

It would be great to better understand Laniakea and the way it works.
This would allow us to better estimate the work involved and to help.
It also would help us determine resource needs and get the requisite
resources to the work needed. I would really appreciate a discussion in
this area and hope to hear from Matthias when he's available for such a
discussion.

Regards,

Jeremiah