[PureOS] Bits from PureOS | Sharks!

Matthias Klumpp matthias.klumpp at puri.sm
Tue Jul 30 07:59:33 PDT 2019

Am Mo., 29. Juli 2019 um 02:33 Uhr schrieb Jeremiah C. Foster
<jeremiah.foster at puri.sm>:
> [...]
> Also, uploads to
> Laniakea of certain packages are failing occasionally, something Guido
> has pointed out. We ought to speak with him to determine what the
> issues are and to smooth out the upload process.

All of the issues were in the uploaded packages so far (except for one
sshfs mount issue months ago).
The responsible component for handling uploads is dak (the Debian
Archive Kit), which was sometimes giving less helpful messages, like
the "No data." error recently when the .dsc file of the upload wasn't
signed for some reason.
I am very confident that all of these issues will go away once we have
an automated pipeline for uploading :-)

The more pressing issue that we need to decide ASAP though is how we
handle the PureOS-based-on-Debian-stable flavor of PureOS. I didn't
actually receive that much feedback on the proposed solutions, and I
don't want to just go ahead with the solution I like best without
knowing that people agree with that, or some discussion about it
first. Meanwhile though, our current users receive no updates in the
green suite, which isn't a good state to be in.

Cheers,
    Matthias