[PureOS] "PureOS changes" notifications

Jeremiah C. Foster jeremiah.foster at puri.sm
Mon Jun 24 13:41:06 PDT 2019

On Mon, 2019-06-24 at 13:51 +0100, Chris Lamb wrote:
> Dear Matthias,
>
> > > Whilst the social-ish (Purism) IRC channels are helpful to some
> > > degree, I'm starting to feel somewhat isolated with my work on
> > > PureOS.
> >
> > Me too, a bit - we might just need more communication in general on
> > what we are working on, like this particular mail thread :-)
>
> I'm generally not one to send "me too" or "+1" emails, but I will get
> over my usual reticence that here to underline that this would
> be great.
>
> How can I help?

I agree with both of you. :-)

Perhaps we can set up ourselves the tooling we need? Is there a way we
can use the server at 45.33.86.90 to enable the PureOS changes
notifications? I'm not sure what is required so this might be a
ridiculous suggestion.

Regarding greater communication, I agree strongly. I think that there
is currently a chat based culture of communication internally while
many of us who work on PureOS perhaps work more in the mailing list
culture. I sometimes prefer the mailing list style of communication
because of its asynchronicity and (usually) more thoughtful approach.
However if I'm not in the chat rooms I feel I miss things, I also am
easily distracted by other issues that pop-up there, to the detriment
of my communication via email.

I propose to be more active on the list. I have some topics I'd like to
bring up anyway, but perhaps I'll try and be a bit of a bridge between
the folks working on PureOS and those on the Purism admin / project
management side who I work with. As we move forward we'll want those
teams to interact more anyway. I'll try to post a report weekly.

Cheers,

Jeremiah