[PureOS] "PureOS changes" notifications

Chris Lamb chris.lamb at puri.sm
Tue Jun 25 02:52:59 PDT 2019

Hi Jeremiah,

> Perhaps we can set up ourselves the tooling we need? Is there a way we
> can use the server at 45.33.86.90 to enable the PureOS changes
> notifications?

I mean, ideally we would not like to start relying on third-party
infrastructure especially as we had previous discussed not relying
too much on this particular machine so we can blow it away and reset
at any point… But to be honest, after so long there is a strong
argument for just getting anything up and running.

> However if I'm not in the chat rooms I feel I miss things, I also am
> easily distracted by other issues that pop-up there, to the detriment
> of my communication via email.

Indeed, I agree completely. I further get a low-level "fear of missing
out" feeling every time I am there and is acutely stressful when trying
to follow all the scrollback.

So, can we try pushing more chat conversations to this list? Just
throwing out a random/strong idea, but perhaps if we find ourselves
writing more than a few sentences we should notice that and then force
ourselves — at least at first — to pause the conversation there and
insist we/others resume it here?

We don't need to write long, well-worded messages so the additional
investment should really just be the extra time needed to fill in the
"To:" field. :)

Best wishes,

--
Chris Lamb