[PureOS] Let's stablize PureoS Green

Jeremiah C. Foster jeremiah.foster at puri.sm
Thu Mar 14 10:57:44 PDT 2019

Hi,

In the few months I've been with Purism, I've been astonished by the
ability of the team to build PureOS with the resources at hand. One of
the reasons for this is likely the use of Laniakea as CI but of course
the bulk of the reason is the quality of the base distro and the
experience of those who're developing PureOS.

There are naturally some pain points that come with new products like
the Purism Librem laptops. I think that some of these rough edges might
be smoothed by following Debian Testing as it becomes Debian Stable and
keeping Debian Stable as our "Green" repository for PureOS packages.

I've floated this idea internally in Purism and there has been a great
deal of support for the idea. Others have also identified Debian
Testing as being too fast moving for the Librem. While I mentioned this
in another thread, I'd like to use this thread for discussion on the
idea's merits as well as what is required technically to do this.

What do those folks on this mailing list think? Should we keep PureOS
Green on Debian (Buster) Stable?

Thanks,

Jeremiah