[PureOS] Let's stablize PureoS Green

Tobias Bernard tobias.bernard at puri.sm
Wed Mar 20 08:57:21 PDT 2019

> Our options short-term are therefore limited to these:
>
>   * continue track testing
>   * switch to track stable
>
> Medium-term - after developing infrastructure and/or hiring and getting
> up to speed more manpower - there may be more options to choose from.
>
> Now we can discuss what to actually do now , and we can discuss what to
> start ramping up for attempting to maybe do in future.
>
> We cannot discuss what to do now other than "nothing" or "slow down".

Since neither of these gives us what we need it doesn't really matter
what we do short-term, so I guess "nothing" :)

Seems that the best thing to do then is to start working out the
medium/long-term solution, in order to get that in place as soon as
possible.

That said, while we could live with not getting 3.32 on laptops for a
few more months, it would be a huge problem for the phone to ship with
3.30. Guido and Adrien can probably better comment on that, but as far
as I understand we will need some kind of short term solution to get at
least parts of the new GNOME stack for the phone by June/July.