[PureOS] Byzantium versioning

Guido Günther agx at sigxcpu.org
Mon Dec 7 07:15:53 PST 2020

Hi,
On Fri, Dec 04, 2020 at 02:37:57PM +0100, Guido Günther wrote:
> Hi,
> since we're dropping phone specific package for byzantium we also ought
> to drop `+librem5.X' in the version numbers. Matthias, what would you
> suggest here so that we generate higher version numbers in byzantium
> when backporting a package to both amber and byzantium to be consistent
> whith the rest of PureOS but also have a higher number than the current
>
>     <upstream>-<debian-rev)pureos+librem5.<revision>

For the time being addin `+byzN` at the end of the version number
will do:

        1.0-2pureos+librem5+byzN

For new upstream versions we can drop the librem5 postfix since there's
no difference between laptop and phone and we can do

        1.0-2pureosN

for byzantium¹  and

        1.0-2pureosN~amberM

for amber (when backporting the byzantium version to amber).

Does that make sense?
Cheers,
 -- Guido

1) according to https://tracker.pureos.net/w/development/packaging_overview/