[PureOS] Byzantium versioning

Jeremiah C. Foster jeremiah.foster at puri.sm
Mon Dec 7 08:17:21 PST 2020

On Mon, 2020-12-07 at 16:15 +0100, Guido Günther wrote:
> Hi,
> On Fri, Dec 04, 2020 at 02:37:57PM +0100, Guido Günther wrote:
> > Hi,
> > since we're dropping phone specific package for byzantium we also
> > ought
> > to drop `+librem5.X' in the version numbers. Matthias, what would
> > you
> > suggest here so that we generate higher version numbers in
> > byzantium
> > when backporting a package to both amber and byzantium to be
> > consistent
> > whith the rest of PureOS but also have a higher number than the
> > current
> >
> >     <upstream>-<debian-rev)pureos+librem5.<revision>
>
> For the time being addin `+byzN` at the end of the version number
> will do:
>
>         1.0-2pureos+librem5+byzN
>
> For new upstream versions we can drop the librem5 postfix since
> there's
> no difference between laptop and phone and we can do
>
>         1.0-2pureosN
>
> for byzantium¹  and
>
>         1.0-2pureosN~amberM
>
> for amber (when backporting the byzantium version to amber).
>
> Does that make sense?

I think it does make sense Guido. I ought to have replied sooner, but I
don't think that there's much I can add to the discussion since I think
this follows our versioning scheme as documented. In fact I'm going to
add this information to that document unless Matthias has any
objections.

Regards,

Jeremiah