[PureOS] Bits from PureOS | 2020 edition

Chris Lamb chris.lamb at puri.sm
Fri Jan 3 15:57:06 PST 2020

Dear Jeremiah et al.,

First, thank you for your festive wishes. :)

> And yes, FOSDEM! I'm going to be there for about a week. I plan on
> attending the MiniDebCamp:
> https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEvents/be/2020/MiniDebCamp
>
> It would be great if all got a chance to meet up in Brussels, I would
> really appreciate it. Just having the opportunity to speak face to face
> would benefit me tremendously and having a chance to outline all of our
> goals and plans for 2020 will be an added bonus.

Completely agree here — IRL meetups are great for aligning on vision and
plans, particularly around getting agreement on our quality assurance
moving forward, the PureOS store and perhaps increasing our release
cadence, etc.

I currently intend to attend FOSDEM, SustainOSS and CopyleftConf and
thus my availability is already becoming tight, but I would make a
Purism/PureOS meeting the highest priority.

Indeed, Jeremiah, in my experience it is always best to get a date &
time for FOSDEM-related meetups long in advance as there are so many
distractions and so little time combined with sub-par physical
logistics. Speaking directly to that, are you free the mornings of
either 31 Jan, 1 Feb or 2 Feb in the Brussels centre, perchance? From
past years, the evenings and the venue itself tend to get lost/
confused/conflated with huge social things.

Best wishes,

--
Chris Lamb
https://puri.sm