[PureOS] Bits from PureOS | 2020 edition

Matthias Klumpp matthias at tenstral.net
Fri Jan 3 18:10:41 PST 2020

Am Sa., 4. Jan. 2020 um 00:57 Uhr schrieb Chris Lamb <chris.lamb at puri.sm>:

> Dear Jeremiah et al.,
>
> First, thank you for your festive wishes. :)
>
> > And yes, FOSDEM! I'm going to be there for about a week. I plan on
> > attending the MiniDebCamp:
> > https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEvents/be/2020/MiniDebCamp
> >
> > It would be great if all got a chance to meet up in Brussels, I would
> > really appreciate it. Just having the opportunity to speak face to face
> > would benefit me tremendously and having a chance to outline all of our
> > goals and plans for 2020 will be an added bonus.
>
> Completely agree here — IRL meetups are great for aligning on vision and
> plans, particularly around getting agreement on our quality assurance
> moving forward, the PureOS store and perhaps increasing our release
> cadence, etc.

Last year we also had dinner with everyone from Purism and attended an
impromptu panel on phone development together. If there's more of us,
we should definitely meet up for dinner or similar!

> I currently intend to attend FOSDEM, SustainOSS and CopyleftConf and
> thus my availability is already becoming tight, but I would make a
> Purism/PureOS meeting the highest priority.

That's quite a schedule!

> Indeed, Jeremiah, in my experience it is always best to get a date &
> time for FOSDEM-related meetups long in advance as there are so many
> distractions and so little time combined with sub-par physical
> logistics. Speaking directly to that, are you free the mornings of
> either 31 Jan, 1 Feb or 2 Feb in the Brussels centre, perchance? From
> past years, the evenings and the venue itself tend to get lost/
> confused/conflated with huge social things.

Looks like I'll be at FOSDEM as well this year, and I'd definitely
make any possible PureOS meeting the highest priority.

Cheers,
    Matthias