[PureOS] Updating localechooser in landing/byzantium

Carsten Schoenert carsten.schoenert at puri.sm
Wed Oct 6 05:32:00 PDT 2021

Hi,

I've looked at localechooser as it's mentioned currently in the
synchronization issues for landing.

https://master.pureos.net/sync/landing

Last time the package was touched was in 2018 by Matthias and shortly
later by Chris [1].
As Matthias choose to start with a standalone branch back in 2018 I now
merged the Debian tag 2.93 from the upstream repository on Salsa into a
derived branch pureos/latest based on the standalone branch named master
within the Purism tree. That's how I see future work will be manageable,
merging the required Debian tag into the derived PureOS tree as done in
other forked repos.
I managed to get the merge conflicts solved so far.

I also added a configuration for gbp and also a CI controlling file.

So why I'm posting here?
Simply because there is no target branch on the destination tree I can
create a MR for and also because I'm currently not know much about the
background for this forked package.

So please have a look at the current state I prepared [2] for further
discussion.
The CI pipeline succeeded so far. But as for python-apt, other things
might be needed to check before pushing my work to the main repo.

[1] https://source.puri.sm/pureos/core/localechooser
[2]
https://source.puri.sm/carsten.schoenert/localechooser/-/commits/pureos/latest/

--