[PureOS] Updating localechooser in landing/byzantium

Jonas Smedegaard jonas.smedegaard at puri.sm
Sat Oct 9 02:06:32 PDT 2021

Quoting Carsten Schoenert (2021-10-09 10:25:20)
> I don't wanted to start a discussion challenge that costs a lot of
> time on all sides and wasn't a big movement forward until now, at
> least for me. My last week of holidays is over now and I wont have
> that much time working further on this. I was hoping I can get updated
> that rather small and easy package localechooser the past week.

Sorry, I mistook your original post as asking for best practice.

I understand now that you were instead asking for simplest practice.

> Am 08.10.21 um 11:13 schrieb Jonas Smedegaard:
> > I am happy if you find it straightforward.  Personally I disagree,
> > though - I find it more straightforward to do `git merge --no-ff
> > 2.93` as step 3, and skip steps 4-5.
>
> We will find for sure 3-5 other possible ways to reach the goal, and
> they all will have ups and down depending on the PoV each of us.

> We all have different workflows we learned and practice over the years
> and will mostly prefer the one we use for long times because we now it
> working.

For the record, the method I use is not old habit, but evolved recently
to handle the complexities of maintaining forks of Debian.

Good luck with the `git merge` approach.

 - Jonas