[PureOS] Updating localechooser in landing/byzantium

Jonas Smedegaard jonas.smedegaard at puri.sm
Sat Oct 9 08:50:00 PDT 2021

Quoting Guido Günther (2021-10-09 17:11:27)
> Hi,
> On Sat, Oct 09, 2021 at 10:25:20AM +0200, Carsten Schoenert wrote:
> [..snip..]
> > > https://source.puri.sm/pureos/packages/lollypop contains no local
> > > feature commits (i.e. no feature changes, only boilerplate changes
> > > to packaging metadata) so does not illustrate well how to best
> > > tackle package upgrades.  What it does illustrate is that it
> > > didn't preserve earlier PureOS work - i.e. the work tracked at
> > > https://source.puri.sm/librem5-apps/lollypop
> >
> > That is unfortunately correct. :(
> > I wasn't aware that there was already a lollypop tree until now.
> > Then we need to think about how get that split fixed.
>
> I wasn't aware of
>
> https://source.puri.sm/librem5-apps/lollypop
>
> when importing, sorry.
>
> We can preserve that history in the pureos/packages/lollypop repo need
> be or just leave it as is and use that fork in unlikely case we need
> updates for amber-phone. Both works for me.

That particular work of mine is not important for me that we preserve.

If topic of this conversation is _simplest_ practice then let's just
throw away historic git repos.

I pointed to that historic git repo because a) it was unclear to me what
Carsten wanted to say (he also referenced missing posts by Guido still
unavailable to me¹), and b) I mistakenly focused on finding _best_
practice.

 - Jonas

¹ Seems many posts from Guido has reached only cc'ed participants in
discussions, not this list.  As a concrete example, this email is a
response to an email from Guido with Message-ID
<YWGxH0nt5AnmfYO9 at qwark.sigxcpu.org> which I received but does not
appear at
https://lists.puri.sm/pipermail/pureos-project/2021-October/thread.html