[PureOS] Droping the Uploader field in d/control within PureOS?

Matthias Klumpp matthias.klumpp at puri.sm
Sat Sep 25 11:02:41 PDT 2021

Am Sa., 25. Sept. 2021 um 19:04 Uhr schrieb Jonas Smedegaard
<jonas.smedegaard at puri.sm>:

> Quoting Carsten Schoenert (2021-09-25 18:08:11)

> > > This documents current practice (I documented what I found when
> > > looking into getting packages into PureOS proper).
> > >
> > > If you think it's a bad idea just
> > >
> > > - make a proposal (e.g. drop, change to XSBC-*) on
> > >   tracker.pureos.net.
> > > - if there's a discussion let's find consensus
> > > - if there's no discussion even better (i'd wait for >2w for
> > >   feedback)
>
> > > - adjust the documentation
> > > - close the issue
> >
> > thanks, so there is no hard reasoning for the current state.
> >
> > I'll follow your suggestion within the next days, the mentioned
> > solution is btw. the best way to get this done I think.
>
> Yet again a nice response from Guido.

Hey :-)
I'm late to the party, but there actually is/was a rationale for
keeping the Uploaders field intact: It's simply that we don't need to
modify it for PureOS as all packages are effectively team-maintained
by PureOS developers anyway, and by changing it there would be one
more thing to amend and one more delta to Debian to take care of. So
leaving it as-is is just a convenience/laziness issue ;-)

I have no feelings in either direction for changing the status quo (if
we do, having a tool like Ubuntu's update-maintainer[1] would be nice
though...)

Cheers,
    Matthias

[1]: https://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/impish/man1/update-maintainer.1.html