[PureOS] Stuff done March 2022

Carsten Schoenert carsten.schoenert at puri.sm
Sat Apr 9 00:35:18 PDT 2022

Hi,

some information about packaging and other work I've done last month
within PureOS.

After a break in February I've been able to do again various packaging
stuff for PureOS.

* gnome-boxes
I've looked at the version delta between Debian and PureOS in gnome-boxes.
Due as usual great and useful help from Guido while looking into the
stuff under the hood it turns out the PureOS specific patching isn't
needed any longer as users in Debian bullseye (and by this also users of
PureOS byzantium) are now a member of the group kvm by default and can
access /dev/kvm without extra actions. Matthias dropped the old PureOS
package of gnome-boxes and synced the version from Debian stable.
Thanks to Chris who has prepared and maintained the old patch for
gnome-boxes!

https://source.puri.sm/pureos/packages/gnome-boxes/-/merge_requests/1

* initramfs-tools
An update/sync for this packages was requested by Sebastian as the old
version in PureOS was blocking other packages.
While updating the underlying source I've updated also the used branch
name and metadata to get this in sync to the common standard in PureOS.

https://source.puri.sm/pureos/core/initramfs-tools/-/merge_requests/1
https://source.puri.sm/pureos/core/initramfs-tools/-/issues/2

* gdm3
The Gnome Display Manager got a CVE related update in Debian and I've
synced the latest version from Debian stable into byzantium.
Currently the update of the Jenkins CI for this package is awaiting
approval.

https://source.puri.sm/pureos/packages/gdm/-/merge_requests/1
https://source.puri.sm/Librem5/deb-build-jobs/-/merge_requests/406

Like in the past months I've also done some more smallish things
probably not really worth to mention.

Package maintenance work in Debian
I've done also some maintenance task within Debian and worked on the
following packages (so far I remember).

   1 django-simple-captcha
   2 drf-yasg-nonfree
   3 kicad*