[PureOS] Building my own PureOS ISO image?

Matthias Klumpp matthias.klumpp at puri.sm
Mon Mar 11 12:24:03 PDT 2019

Am Mo., 11. März 2019 um 20:12 Uhr schrieb Jeremiah C. Foster
<jeremiah.foster at puri.sm>:
> [...]
> debootstrap is on my Clear Linux system. I used it to create the PureOS
> container and for various Debian chroots. The machine itself is quite
> powerful; 8 core i7-8705G CPU @ 3.10GHz with hyperthreading. It makes
> for a speedy build machine and I like the Clear Linux use of OStree,
> but I think I need to move the machine to Debian or, alternatively, use
> the other build script. There is no substantive difference between the
> two build approaches is there, I mean aside from environment.

Yes, that difference can be huge though. And for automation, debspawn
is pretty neat. With debootstrap being available on your system,
debspawn should run.
It will require dpkg on the host for package builds, but not for
running arbitrary commands, so if you feel a bit adventurous, just
`git clone https://github.com/lkorigin/debspawn.git` and run
"debspawn.py" straight from the Git repo - no installation needed. You
should only need Python3, zstd and debootstrap (but I never ran this
on non-Debian, so I don't know for sure whether this will work).

Cheers,
    Matthias