[PureOS] Updating package gnome-software

Carsten Schoenert carsten.schoenert at puri.sm
Tue Dec 7 23:57:21 PST 2021

Hi,

I've taken a look at gnome-software yesterday, originally because the
Package Synchronization Issue Overview is showing a greater difference
between the version in the archive than available in Debian

3.36.0-3pureos1 vs. 3.38.1-1

https://master.pureos.net/sync/landing

Next I was looking at source.p.s to start a deeper look, but there are
two repositories for gnome-software!

https://source.puri.sm/pureos/packages/gnome-software
https://source.puri.sm/pureos/core/gnome-software

But in none of both trees I can find preparations for the current
version 3.36.0-3pureos1 in byzantium.

The first of the two repos seems to be mostly driven by the L5
requirements in the past, the other seems to be modified only by
Matthias by one commit in two different branches.

To decrease confusion I'd like to drop one of both trees or at least
meld them together.
This requires consensus what to do or what state to archive. So I want
to ask how other members see the situation and which way to take.

To me updating the first listed repo seems to cost the smallest amount
of time given we would only need (want?) to add the PureOS delta from
the current version 3.36.0-3pureos1 in the archive.

--
Regards
Carsten Schoenert