[PureOS] DEP14 branch naming for backported security updates from Debian in PureOS

Carsten Schoenert carsten.schoenert at puri.sm
Tue Apr 5 22:34:08 PDT 2022

Hello Guido, thanks for your feedback!

Am 04.04.22 um 18:18 schrieb Guido Günther:

> It is my understanding that `pureos/latest` points to the newest version
> in PureOS. Which in this case would be your security update as
> 2.36.1-8+deb11u1pureos1 is newer than 2.36.1-8pureos3.

I've no problem to follow the explanation of your understanding, just
want to be sure I'm following the correct way. From a technical side the
naming of the branch doesn't matter in the end but once something is
pushed to GitLab it's history.

> Once byzantium + 1 opens `pureos/latest` will move to that
> (similar to what Debian does) and for what you'd do above you'd use a
> pureos/byzantium branch.
>
> This should be confirmed by Matthias and/or Jeremiah.

Yeah, would be nice to have some feedback too from both. ;)

--
Regards
Carsten Schoenert